Equine Reproductive CenterWe offer a full array of services for both the mare and stallion.
The Equine Reproduction Center at HGAE offers a full array of services for both the stallion and mare, available both in the field and at the clinic.
Breeding packages are available for mares using fresh, chilled and frozen semen, foaling out packages for the expectant mare, and embryo transfer services.
In 2014, HGAE became one of two Select Breeders Services affiliate labs in California, providing top quality standards for frozen semen services. Stallions are able to be used in fresh, chilled or frozen breeding programs.
Mare Services include:
- Artificial insemination (including deep horn / low dose techniques)
- Fresh semen
- Chilled semen / shipped semen
- Frozen semen
- Sub fertile mare diagnostics (culture, cytologies, biospsies, etc.) and breeding
- Embryo transfer (several recipient mares available on site each year)
- Embryo shipping and vitrification (freezing)
- Reproductive surgical procedures
- Foaling-out packages
- Emergency mare/foal care
Stallion Services include:
- Breeding soundness examinations and semen evaluations
- Phantom training
- Pre-shipping / freezing evaluations (test freeze)
- Semen collection for shipment—miniature horse phantom available as well
- Sub-fertile stallion management
- Semen freezing
- Frozen semen storage
- Legacy packages
Click on the below image to get a list of all the FAQ’s regarding our Reproductive Services.